Spring has arrived and I’m ready for warmer weather and getting outside more. When a season changes it makes me think of change in general, and some specific change possibilities: like a career. The start of a fresh new season is a great time to review your current job and think about what’s next.
Some questions to ask yourself are:
- When you wake up are you excited about the work day ahead?
- Do you typically arrive to work on time and ready to get started?
- When you are at work are you productive? Are you able to stay focused on what needs to get done?
- Do you feel a level of commitment to your job and/or the company where you work?
- Do you have friends or people you enjoy talking to and working with at work?
If you answered yes to all of these questions, then your current job is probably a good fit for the time being. However, if no was your response to most of these questions, then it might be time to think about making a change. Start by just exploring what is out there and reviewing our post on 10 Rules for Today’s Job Search. It’s Spring, so take a moment to review and refresh yourself for the season ahead.