According to the latest Manpower Employment Outlook Survey released today by ManpowerGroup, 17% of employers plan to hire in the first quarter of 2014. This is the same projection as one year ago, and down 1% from the 4th quarter 2013 outlook. While these results aren’t outstanding, it certainly represents an optimistic outlook. Here’s how some of the other survey results came out:
- 17% of U.S. employers plan to hire in Q1 – that’s almost one out of five employers. Not bad odds if you are looking for a job.
- 73% of workplaces plan to hold staff levels steady.
- Leisure and Hospitality reported the strongest industry outlook with 23% of companies looking to hire.
- This is the strongest first quarter outlook since 2008. Hopefully, the momentum will continue throughout 2014.
- The states reporting the best hiring outlook include: North Dakota, Arizona, Georgia, Texas, Delaware and Florida. If you are job hunting in those areas, your job prospects are higher than the average. Start planning your career moves now.
So, let the optimist in you take over and use these results to help guide some of your job search decisions. There are going to be jobs out there; it’s up to you to find them.
For a link to the entire report and survey infographic, click here.