To help reduce potential fistfights, riots and other forms of workplace violence, over the past few weeks we’ve been conducting our annual poll in which we seek a peaceful resolution to a highly emotional and controversial question that inevitably pops up this time of year:
What’s the absolute #1 best holiday movie in the history of the universe?
After a record-breaking 792 votes, the winner is…
It’s a Wonderful Life, with 23.1% of the votes.
The first runner-up was A Christmas Story (20.1%), followed by A Christmas Carol (10.4%).
Finishing dead last with approximately 0.000001% of the votes was Frosty the Snowman, which somehow finished behind both Santa Claus Conquers the Martians and Die Hard. (Sounds like some of you may have been hitting the eggnog a bit too hard already.)
Here are your official top ten:
- It’s a Wonderful Life (23.1%)
- A Christmas Story (20.1%)
- A Christmas Carol (10.4%)
- Miracle on 34th Street (9.1%)
- National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation (9.0%)
- Elf (7.2%)
- White Christmas (6.7%)
- A Charlie Brown Christmas (6.3%)
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas (6.1%)
- Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer (3.4%)